Hails friends,
A mighty weekend was had by the travelling minstrels of mess. On behalf of my horsey self and the less equine others, I give thanks to all who came to see us and feel a tingle/shooting sensation down one side of my body from all the great commentary we have been fed post-stage.
Yes it was a rare moment to see us all together again in public. And it was with much arrogance that we stormed the small Hatefieldian theatre without Glenfren Asomvel with the intention of still being awesome.
Anyway, we World-debuted our new song "Necronomnomnomicon", and for this part of the world also "Jack the Slipper" and "Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barracudas". I knew they would be a success- with names so awesome, who needs genius riff-mastery, as proven by us all free-styling throughout rather than sticking to script.
In semi-seriousness (who wants to be too serious after all, fun leech), I am pleased with this seldom-seen venture into live-performance art.
The question of the robot that was to be Mr Asomvel's understudy was answered. In the battle between Hand and myself, I (and my Mr Asomvel v2.2) was vanquished by his Mr Asomvel Vista edition. However with a few tweaks of my own it became "Glenfren 7" and was to be a signal-(and head)-splitting digital and polyphonic pitchshifting slave to my own goretar tones, voiced through Lord and the fan favourite Corpsifier mini-V.
Initial outsider reports suggest that our robot filled the hole to the required level. However insiders missed some of the sub-grrrtar independent lines and the tone was compromised.
I will get back to the lab with Glenfren 7. My own valve amp was accosted by the Rag and Bone man, and this is perhaps key in the development of our cyber member. I think we can explore this a bit further, although we can certainly not rule out anyone with the correct drive and unorthodox commitment levels required to audition for and join Gore of Goruguay. However a new stipulation is in order for anyone who wants to try- you must be able to learn by ear and almost exclusively without our help for a starting point.
For the time being (likely forever), Glenfren 7 is on board. It was particularly outstanding at involving the crowd in Mexican waves and can also make an excellent cup of automated tea.
This is far too straightforward for a Horse's Mouth entry. Thereby some other interim news.
Goruguayan Ambassador Jeffrey Brahma joined us on stage briefly at the start of our performance at the weekend. I think he was confused by the length that the screen took to lift before we started playing, thence stuck around trying to lift it. He managed to escape before our guitars rang. He was later seen in the crowd, Akbarring away, setting traps here and there. Delightful fellow. Follow him on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/JeffreyBrahma
The Islands of Carcossia have moved to the West of the Goruguay continent due to increased seismic activity. They were always vulnerable to this kind of thing. Dhalsim Kabaddhi is a Carcossian. I'll be sure to ask him more about this. I do know however that the capital has now been relocated to Wilmott.
Finally, before I get back into the Murder Room to cook up some riffs, I am compelled to extend my fins to Conquest of Steel for their aid this weekend; Stuka Squadron for their wellington booted and Lufftwaffic performance; and Triaxis for being the only healthy, normal human beings in attendance. Yes I'm also looking at you crowd, but with lesser skill!
Great weekend, hope to see you guys again soon for more log-free ridiculo-rock.
And Fang of SS broke his arm or something. Slipped on a fish in the carpark. Icing on our cake of hake.
Hail Goruguay.
No comments:
Post a Comment