Sunday, October 30, 2016

The Wonderful Tragedy of Corcontritum the Helper Monkey



Obviously I'm not known for dressing up.. am I..?
Anyway, there we go- another trophy in the cabinet. An attempt to integrate more socially and cultivate friendships seems to have paid off. Perhaps with the pity prize. But it is still a prize. The poor fools who spent hours on makeup and hair.. I put on an amusing suit in moments, and topped it off with a fez. A formula for victory. I wore a bloodied apron for years.. to err.. "critical acclaim........".
The formula depends upon the "suit" variable of course.
Costume parties.. how I used to resent them. Can you believe that I, the Budenny Bard of Goruguay, was once afraid of potentially looking ridiculous? Embrace the hate and it will end up loving you.
If done nicely I learned last night that they are most excellent conversation pieces. The monkey made a lot of new friends. A popular dance partner too. My unfortunate simian henchprimate had the weight of an unpredictable ape on their shoulders all night. A costume that carried away some of life's horrendous strain. A psychiatric helper monkey. The monkey is a de-skeletonised heap on the bedroom floor today. I think it drank too much.
But metaphors and monkey-business aside, the monkey made me happy.
My idea. A thought form that would be nothing without the engagement of people. All is not lost.
I might even cut my nails and take the tin foil hat to the recycling centre.

This song is for last night:


The Wonderful Tragedy of Corcontritum the Helper Monkey

Lift me up, my simian steed and gallop amongst those drinking.
Carry my heap of bones and flesh, encourage more free-thinking.
I paid for you, you are my slave to bear my mental torsion.
The monkey on your back is me, a hateful, sickened portion.

Ride, ride, into their lives
Dance for me, we'll win the prize.
Ride, ride, onto the table
Your monkey feet might trip on the cable.
Make new friends, impress the folks
who otherwise won't laugh at my jokes
Monkey see, and monkey doooooo.....

Don't stop me from out-monkeying you.

Its difficult times when bladders fill and we are still together.
Heave me up the stairs you do and slowly we untether.
Your plot to spoil my kidneys failed again, thats three I've counted.
So get up from my ankles monkey, prepare to be mounted.

Ride, ride, into their lives
Dance for me, we'll win the prize.
Ride, ride, onto the table
Your monkey feet might trip on the cable.
Make new friends, impress the folks
who otherwise won't laugh at my jokes
Monkey see, and monkey doooooo.....

Don't stop me from out-monkeying you.

But what would this epic story be without a hint of splatter?
I carved out monkey's skull today and fried the brains in batter.
They tasted rather boring really, I wasted when I killed.
I should have known from Dr Jones these things are best served chilled.

Chilled, chilled monkey brains
Good for headaches and mental pains
Chilled, chilled horse's head-
Take two in the morning, one day in bed.
This is how you beat your woes
Eat strange animals, eat your foes.
Monkey see, and monkey dooooo..

Don't stop me from out-monkeying you.








No comments: